Saturday, April 3, 2010

Arrived safely

We are at Trinity Pines Bible Camp and Conference Center. We arrived yesterday afternoon. It was a beautiful drive through the pine forests and wild flowers from San Antonio, TX to Trinity, TX about 275 miles. There are six couples working this project--three are from MN.

I have included some recent pictures from San Antonio and the trip yesterday.--Enjoy.

This is the life of a relaxed SOWER between projects.
Vern pulling wire for the new circuits on a mobile home.
CC enjoying reading while supper is cooking.
Our new Dutch oven--I laid the thermometer on top so I didn't burn our supper.
Beef and noodles--very simple and delicious. A few days later we made ground beef, corn chips and bean hotdish--also very good.

This is how the yucca bud starts.
These are "weeds" along a fence by the street where we took a daily walk.
This is what the yucca looks like as the blossom opens--some of the blossoms are about 3 ft long and a foot in diameter.
Some Indian Paint Brush along the road. They completely cover the ditches in places.
Texas Blue Bonnets along the road.

No comments: