Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Harvest Ministries-1

Hi, everyone. We are near Carson MS at Harvest Ministries for our April project. This a rather small facility--four bunk houses, a dorm building and a lodge/chapel. There are four SOWER couples working here--three of the four were at Dothan AL last month. The ladies are cleaning the kitchen--deep deep cleaning. Two of the men are repairing plumbing (frozen pipes), fixing a roof (tree fell on it Monday night), repairing bunks (stop the wiggling). The other man and I have been working on a one-bedroom house that the ministry recently acquired--it is on property but they didn't own the house. It is to be used for missionaries or pastors or a single family. It sits right on the edge of the reservoir--the deck even extends out over the water. The house is built on piers since the water may rise 8 feet during a heavy rain. The present deck gets flooded during high water so they would like another deck up at floor level of the house. We are replacing the flooring, extending the bedroom in to the old bathroom area and adding a bathroom. We have to stop our remodel and replace part of the roof that blew off Monday night. The setting is beautiful--60-ft pine trees, plants blooming several cardinals at the bird feeder. As I write, there is a goose sitting on the dock. Saw three deer last night. I am sitting in the lodge waiting for the clothes dryer to finish. There is one washer and one dryer so we have to share with the other SOWERS. I have some pictures but we have had trouble with the Internet so I haven't gotten them posted. We think the Internet problem is solved so will get busy and post some pictures. Bye, nlsower

1 comment:

Eunice Sundberg said...

Hi Bill and Carol. It was so good to see your entry and know where you are. I am sure your time in Dothan was much appreciated as I am sure you will be in MS. When are you heading for home?
We seem to keep busy. I have been playing for funerals at the Wolfe-Bayview funeral homes both in Foley and Fairhope. It is really a blessing for me because I look at it as a ministry to the community and am thankful that God continues to use the talent HE gave me. I have a funeral tomorrow and one on Monday. Wes is busy at his shop. He seems to finish one project and has nothing going and then the phone rings and he has a new project. God is good. He loves doing what he is doing.
Wes' sister and her husband are here from MN. We do enjoy having them here and they were so glad to get away from the MN winter.
Well, again, thanks for the post on your website. What a blessing you are.
Love and blessings,
Wes and Eunice